Friday, February 13, 2009

Smokey




A
A couple of weeks ago a pregnant cat fell through the bathroom ceiling of my local bar; greatly surprising Uriah the bartender who just happened to be using the facilities at the time of said fall.

Anyway the cat ran under the beer cooler and refused to come out. She gave birth to 1 kitten and pushed it out away from her; then retired back to under the cooler, of course where no one could reach her.

Another Bartender, Brenda, picked up the little kitten and bottle fed him every 15 minutes for 4 days, saving its life. Brenda is a special person who has a way with animals. I was telling UNO that Brenda once saved little sparrows and would place them in her bra to keep them warm. He inquired about the bird poop; a question that I had never really thought about, but one that made me laugh.

Any how the sort of fuzzy pictures are of Smokey the miracle kitten. Brenda is teaching him how to walk with a leash…

She says that she can not keep Smokey as she already has a house full of animals including her boyfriend Cal. So hopefully I will be adopting Smokey when she is fully weaned from Brenda’s bottle.

I don’t know how I feel about the name Smokey as I’m trying to quit; I am partial to the name pit or little twit.

Just kidding, anyway the pictures were taken by my friend Stephanie so I will try to get some better ones during Mardi Gras.
Oh the mother cat finally ran out from the cooler, startling another bartender - guess she did not want to leave anyone out and made her escape through the door.





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are really gonna take the cat?? i'm so over pets

Raspootin said...

a cat is a cat
a dog is a dog

there is a big difference...

little pit twit heheee well im not exactly sure about my maternal qualities but a cat seems a good place to start.

billy pilgrim said...

how about naming him eliot.

after the kindest human ever to set foot on the planet, eliot rosewater.

eli for short.

Woozie said...

She Fell In Through The Bar's Tiled Ceiling?

yellowdoggranny said...

i see a great song there woozie..
name it 'dude'...
c'mer dude...hey dude..craps in floor?
duuuuuuude...

Raspootin said...

bp eli has a nice ring

woozie: I see what you just did there :)

yd grand - yes a we can call in the ballad of the Mayfair crapper cat Eli.

Raspootin said...

well she decided to keep her cat. just as well as she now dresses it in little shirts with its name on it