Monday, June 11, 2007

God Farce

My next post is going to be about Faith and God. Today’s post is about those that use it to a political advantage, or therein to pander to the stupid.

My thoughts, personally, on the subject of God, have undergone great changes in the past two years.

I am going to save those thoughts for another time, but want to point out the pathetic process of convenient God believers – which has basically soured me not only on God, but on them too.





Jail term was a message from God, says Paris Hilton

Paris Hilton believes her jail sentence was a message from God to change her party-loving lifestyle and become a positive role model for women who look up to her.

I know now that I can make a difference, that I have the power to do that. I have been thinking that I want to do different things when I am out of here," she said. "I have become much more spiritual. God has given me this new chance."

Hilton said her new-found spirituality had led her to believe that her jail stint was meant to be.

"I feel that the purpose of my life is to be where I am," Hilton told Walters. "My spirit or soul did not like the way I was being seen and that is why I was sent to jail. God has released me."



I can sort of get Paris Hilton, but Hillary Clinton? Please... ggms








WASHINGTON — In a rare public discussion of her husband's infidelity, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton said Monday that she probably could not have gotten through her marital troubles without relying on her faith in God.


"At those moments in time when you are tested, it is absolutely essential that you be grounded in your faith," she said.





ggms - again: figure out what I am saying as it is an oxymoron in the regard of this whole post…


Bs – that’s my best opinion on all of the above. Bull terds – I am so unhappy about this usage of god and faith therein to undo wrongs committed in avoidance of taking blame for human action.

I do not want to be accountable for all of my actions over the past 40 years, but if I were made to be, I would fess up under the belief of free choice and never think to ask for forgiveness from an entity that I clearly never believed in; Just because my agent told me this was a popular out and demanded that I did so

What do Hillary and Paris have in common with “the bible belt”? Nothing. It is all false and a farce; manufactured by publicists who want them to be who they are not; in order to garner the backing of those who are too stupid to get it.

Stupid is harsh – ignorant is better.

Paris and Hillary are who they are – nothing wrong with who they are until they start pretending to be some one who they are not.

It is wrong to try and bamboozle the populist therein that they are god fearing people; when clearly they are not, and never have been.

If I made such a bold face lie I would consider it a loss of integrity.

Perhaps the lack of integrity is what all this god fearing stuff is about.

None of it sits well with me.

God Farce - at its best in America, sounds like a song?

2 comments:

the rube said...

man, if i only had a publicist.

paris must be a real hot shot to by-pass jesus and go straight to his dad.

Jon Boles said...

Just reminds me of what Machiavelli said in "The Prince": There is no better move for a politician than to proclaim belief in a deity even when they do not believe in one.

Sadly, our culture has been berated with parental and social propaganda concerning religion to the point no one discerns the bullshit anymore; they just look for someone saying they believe in god and that's good enough for them.

Rather unfortunate, seeing as how secularists tend to be more levelheaded and less prone to making moves solely to appease god's will.