Friday, June 02, 2006

OMG We're all going to die...

Well if you haven't heard it's hurricane season around here and there is no way you couldn't know that unless you lived in a cave in some remote location half way across the world. I would even have to say that I'm sure in some remote location you would still know what season it is on the Gulf Coast. Am I the only person who thinks that the news and government is trying to scare us half to death or even more so make us so anxious that we have a complete mental breakdown and can't figure out how to evacuate. I have stopped watching the "Hurricane Specials" on every news channel out there because quite frankly they are causing me great distress. I have even resorted to changing the channel whenever I hear the phase, "Are you prepared...". Yes I'm prepared. Yes I'm aware that I live in an area that has the possibility of being washed away and YES I know where I'm going should I have to leave... AGAIN!!! I am not one of those people who wait for someone to tell them what to do and where to go. I am not above nature and I do not believe that I can ride out a storm in my house much less in my attic. I do not make a survival kit and hope it helps me survive. I pack up my shit and get the hell out of town. As a matter of fact, I still have some of my stuff packed up from last time only because I didn't feel like unpacking it just to repack it. What's the point? Well, there is no point. Just me wondering are people around here this stupid that they have to wait for some great leader they elected to tell them when to leave and where to go. We are all adults around here and yes some of us are smarter then others but if you don't know what to do by now I truly believe you will never know what to do and all the preaching will do you no good. Soooo in the end, just RUN. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!

1 comment:

Raspootin said...

If this stresses me out anymore - well I might actually loose some weight!

That aside - I agree. The media is jumping on this because they want to be the first to say "I told you so"