Thursday, August 02, 2007

West Side Gorey ?

The over eager sometimes find the grime reaper?




I was thinking about this song for some odd reason. It just kept going through my brain like a rope tied around the neck of a man in the Westerns where the Noose is all there and you are just waiting for the good/bad guys to shoot the rope.; but they don't and he just hangs there.

The West Side Story is wonderful, but I don't think I ever got past the:" Pretty and spiffy and have spine" - Not sound like the correct lyrics?
You are correct.
Before, I had an un-abashed look at the lyrics I thought that is what they said .
Good grief (that's kind of hokey poky language too) sorry - Good God might be better?
Nat sounds so hokey with a death wish based on being over confident that I can hardley stand it. (We all know better to be less pretty and more shitty...)
Considering they both die as in Romeo and Juliet – how could the song be more uplifting as to predicate a fall?
Natalie Wood was definitely in her prime: best in this movie, but alas she died too - in fact I think all the named actors in this movie are dead (bad omen) ( too positive and hokey poky lending to shitty gritty voodoo nonsense going on with the outcome of the actors)


Be afraid of the wish you wish for ; because it just may happen outside of your wishes. Bringing everything to fruition without a conclusion is Raspootin’s style, so…

“If wishes were like Fishes: we’d all be Kings”

All DEAD?

Off to Florida tomorrow:
Enjoy:
Ann Van den Broeck - I feel pretty

She has a wonderful voice so I leave you with this:





MARIA sings in the musical:


" I feel pretty
Oh, so pretty, feel pretty, and witty and gay, And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today.

I feel charming, Oh, so charming-- It’s alarming how charming I feel, And so pretty That I hardly can believe I’m real.

See the pretty girl in that mirror there: Who can that attractive girl be?
Such a pretty face, Such a pretty dress, Such a pretty smile, Such a pretty me!

I feel stunning And entrancing-- Feel like running and dancing for joy,

For I’m loved By a pretty wonderful boy! "

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

... a boy like that who'll kill your brother, forget that boy and find another....

Woozie said...

Rita Moreno's still alive.

the rube said...

did robert wagner do the dirty deed?

Raspootin said...

BC - indeed
Woozie - I thought it was Natile Wood (oh well)

Rube- yes I think he or the red head his has been with ever since did it.

Anonymous said...

goshrabbidboy