Thursday, August 03, 2006

Why is it...

Why is it that women can do 5 million things at one time but men can only do one thing at a time? Why is this? Why are we, women, expected to do everything under the sun and in a very prompt manner yet men can take the whole day to do one task. An example; a male I know had to go to the doctor today. Well he couldn't go to work today because he had to go to the doctor. Why does it require a whole day off to go to the doctor yet women can do this task and go to work? The explanation I got: "I don't want to be rushed and that's too much trouble to go to work and then leave and then go back." HELLOOOOO.... I do it all the time!! It's really not hard. Another example; he was going to paint but because he had to go to the doctor in the morning he didn't have time to paint the rest of the day. What does this have to do with the rest of the day? This is male's sorry excuse to get out of doing anything productive except sitting in a chair watching t.v. and stuffing his face all day. Must be nice to get to sit down and breathe for a whole day. Wonder what that is like??? I'll never know because when I'm off of work I normally have to take care of everyone else's issues/errands in the family so my day off turns into doing for everyone but ME! Do you see the problem with this? If I sit around all day doing nothing then the whole day has been wasted and he wants to know why I didn't do anything all day. Answer: "because I didn't feel like doing a damn thing today." Yes, maybe I should take a day off to sit around and do nothing. That sounds like a great plan but I know this will never happen because I have too much to do and every second counts. One day I'll have time to breathe and when I do I'll let you know.

5 comments:

Raspootin said...

Hey wishin:

Sounds like you still need a real vacation. As I am assuming that it might,potenitally, be your husband that you are talking about - maybe you ought to go on your own!

Cabana Boys, fruity drinks,sun and surf now thats what it all about!

wishin said...

Are you coming too? I think you could use a vacation too. Although right now may not be so sunny and tropical with that crap out there.

Raspootin said...

Just because I appear to be a little obsessive about storms does not mean that I would give up the cabana boys and fruity drinks!

Count me in!

Anonymous said...

Can I go too?

Raspootin said...

Nope, you can't come unless you make up a blogger name and fill out an application.