Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Vindicated!

There is an elderly lady and her hubby who live directly across from where I parked last night. This is the conversation:

Nice lady:
“Gawd, saints alive I never did see that many police on this street”

Raspootin:

“Well I am a bit embarrassed – I parked in their drive way”

Nice lady

“Sakes no – we saw you parallel parking that spot and were clappin”

Raspootin:

I do remember parallel parking into the spot, but I guess I must have got on their drive way

Nice lady

“Indeedy no doll – they had that young one ya know the one who yelled at you? He was parked in front of the drive.”

Raspootin:

You mean he let his dad – or whoever park inside the gate then he blocked the driveway with his car?

Nice lady

“Ya his” (asking hubby) “Expeditions” (Expedition)

Nice lady:

“Well you are a good girl I was sorry about seeing that”

Raspootin:

Well thank you for telling me – good night!

So, vindicated as there would have been no way for me to see that it was a drive way. It is hard to imagine that a drive way here can be 2’ but there you go. I feel better now, but still want to get even.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many murders were there in in July? Glad to know that N.O.'s finest is going after our most dangerous criminals - parking violaters, & on Sunday, speeding for me - 45 on 35 mph 3-lane Claiborne Ave. Very busy. Will comment more later. See ya soon.

Anonymous said...

I have no words to describe how awful that whole episode sounds! Go with the voodoo candles, but maybe light them under their cars!

Raspootin said...

I would probably get caught in the act and instead of a ticket they would arrest me.

Woozie said...

Use the voodoo candles to hope that a brick finds it's way into his skull.

Raspootin said...

I will have to see if he left any hair in my car along with the nasty plastic plate - then I can create a little voodoo doll and stick an ice pick in it.

Ouch - makes me laugh thinking of it :)